As we know, Alexa has already used up some of the unusual places such as- the dash of new cars, to televisions and appliances. But now, Alexa turned up a new mode, and it is coming for phones also. Amazon is manufactured a Moto Mod for Motorola’s modular Moto Z ($999 at Amazon Marketplace); Huawei put Alexa on the Mate 9 ($598 at Amazon.com), and a handful of software have unofficially brought Alexa to Android and iOS both of the devices.
Amazon also included the Alexa to the Amazon shopping app at last month. And finally this year, Amazon has brought the Alexa to the one place it seemingly should have been all along: the Alexa app. Here’s you will know about how you can use the Alexa on your iPhone.
The Alexa app
Recently, at the beginning of the year, Amazon has added the Alexa to the Android version of the Alexa app back, launching a version for iOS devices was “coming soon.” so that day finally comes at last week.
Now let’s discuss how to use Alexa on an iPhone?
- First of all, you need to make sure that your Alexa app is updated or not.
- When you open the app, then you will get the two icons in the bottom row. Before that there was nothing.
- It is a shortcut for the Settings and dead center is an Alexa icon.
- To sue the Alexa, you need to tap on the Alexa icon that is placed at the bottom.
- Then tap on the Allow to show up the prompt to grant the Alexa app starts to your iOS device’s microphone and location data.
- Then the app will show you some of the example commands.
- Now, you need to tap on the Done to finish setup.
- Then you will tap on the Alexa button, and it will bring up the voice assistant.
- Here you can issue voice commands just as you would with the Alexa speakers around your home, sans the wake word.
In May, it became easy to make Alexa as by default voice assistant on the Android phones. But unfortunately, nothing has worked with Alexa on iOS, as your primary voice assistant is still Siri and there’s no way to modify it.
If you want to talk to Alexa on the iPhone, then you will need to launch the Alexa app.
Alexa in the Amazon Shopping app
While using the Amazon app, you may have noticed that there is a microphone to the right of the search bar that is placed at the top of the app. Before, it was only used to search for products, reorder already purchased items or track an type of orders.
At last year, this voice search function was updated to harnesses the full power of Alexa app. You need to launch the Amazon app and then tap on the microphone and tell your usual Alexa command, minus the wake word.
Below you will see some examples of what you might say on Alexa:-
“How is traffic?”
“Play my Flash Briefing.”
“Play music by Fleet Foxes.”
“Turn on the living room lights.”
“Tell Starbucks to start my usual order.”
“Track my package.”
“Read ‘Ready Player One.'”
We hope that now you can use the Alexa on your iPhone after reading the article.